- Ascension Day. 1979
- Appear and Disappear. 1979
An excerpt, “Rudy on Ruby and Nadine,” was published by Wedge Press, New York, in 1983.
- The Whore of Tjampuan. New York: PAJ/Farrar Straus & Giroux, 1988. (See excerpt here.)
- Human Nature. 1991.
An excerpt was published in BOMB magazine, Spring 1992.
- Diary of a Lost Boy. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1993. (See excerpt here.)
- The Lives of Countess Pussyfoot. 1987.
- “The Sleeping Pills of the World (From the Desk of Bonnie Silvers).”
Published in BOMB magazine, Winter 1988.
- “Apartment 13-B,” 1994?
- “The Rat’s Family”
- “Health After So Many Weeks of Sickness”
- “What the Gypsy Said” (chapter one of Human Nature)